2020 International Conference on Global Cultural and Creative industries
-- Technology, Art and Emerging Cultural and Creative Industries
Call for papers (Grant Available)
USC-SJTU Institute of Cultural and Creative Industry of Shanghai Jiao Tong University (hereinafter referred to as ICCI) is proud to host the third International Conference on Global Cultural and Creative Industries. The conference will take place in Shanghai from November 21st to 22nd 2020 and features the theme "Technology, Art and Emerging Cultural and Creative Industries."
The 21st century has witnessed swift change and development of cultural and creative industries. This has been propelled by scientific and technological progress ranging from the upgrade of smart phones to the emergence of mobile pay, and from augmented reality to virtual reality. Cultural and creative Industrial development is inseparable from the advancement of science and technology, with both contributing significantly to economic development. Meanwhile, the cultural and creative industries serve as an outlet of art. Regardless of whether it is film industry, music industry or social broadcast platforms, or whether it is individuals, groups or societies, they are all craving diversified ways to express vitality and creativity. On the one hand, culture and creativity are interpreted by science and art; on the other hand, culture and creativity promote the development of science and art.
Today, we have witnessed technology and art iteration in the cultural and creative industries. This has resulted in novel business models, including the live broadcast platform industry, short video applications, 5G technology and so on. The emerging science and technology and art are both the reflection and the momentum of social change. Accordingly, individuals’ consumption mode, interpersonal interaction mode, and community organizational mode are all undergoing unprecedented changes. There are many questions calling for the joint efforts of academics and industrial professionals. For example, how does one define the cultural and creative industries in the new era? What opportunities and challenges does the development of science and technology bring to the cultural and creative industries? How does one view and formulate policy frameworks for the cultural and creative industries? How does one evaluate the emerging forms of artistic expression? What are the new business models for the cultural and creative industries? What social changes are prompted by the changes in technology and art?
The 2020 International Conference on Global Cultural and Creative Industries, featuring the theme of “Technology, Art and Emerging Cultural and Creative industries," endeavors to bring together international and domestics scholars and industrial professionals, in order to research on prime solutions for the cultural and creative industries. There will be a series of panels including ‘Technical Arts Reshape Cultural Creative Industry’, ‘Cultural Creative Industry Management and Policy Research in the New Period’, ‘Technical and Artistic Change and Social Change’,‘Cultural and Creative Industry - New Trend’, ’Technical Arts Innovation Education’, and an Editor’s panel.
2020 International Conference on Global Cultural and Creative Industries
Shanghai, November 21-22, 2020
Hosted by USC-SJTU Institute of Cultural and Creative Industry of
Shanghai Jiao Tong University
Call for papers
2020 International Conference on Global Cultural and Creative Industries calls for abstracts and panel proposals on the following topics, including but not limited to:
• The role of new digital technologies in the development of cultural and creative industries;
• Policy research on the cultural and creative industries;
• New cultural and creative industries and new forms of artistic expression;
• Platform economy in the cultural and creative industries;
• The relationship between viewers and content producers in change;
• The impact of emerging cultural and creative industries on relationships and community organizations;
• The innovation of new cultural and creative industries in the way of education.
Any formats of contributions on how technology and art are reshaping the cultural and creative industries and contemporary society are welcome.
1) Writing language: Chinese or English
2) Abstract wordcount requirement: 300 to 500 words; the full paper should not exceed 9000 words including abstracts, charts, references, etc.
3) Paper specification: please follow the APA specification.
4) Submission format: please submit in MS word or PDF format.
Paper submission email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Abstract and full text submission date:
1) Before June 30, 2020: submit the paper title and basic information of participants;
2) Before 15 August 2020: submit detailed summaries (300-500 words);
3) Before September 15, 2020: paper reception notice by academic committee;
4) Before October 15, 2020: full paper submission (6000-9000 words)
Grants for Talented Young Scholars
USC-SJTU Institute of Cultural and Creative Industry of Shanghai Jiao Tong University is proud to announce that grants are available for talented young scholars to attend the 2020 International Conference on Global Cultural and Creative industries, up to 10,000 RMB/person.
If you have any further questions, please contact us:
Paper Submission and Registration Information:
Liangqiong LU： email@example.com (+86)(021)-34205061-8109
Wei WANG： firstname.lastname@example.org
Wu HU：email@example.com (+86)(021)-34205061-8141