Geoffrey Alan Rhodes
The project leader, Geoffrey Alan Rhodes, is a tenured professor at SJTU, and an award-winning artist and filmmaker. Since 2005, he has been producing cinematic and art experiences using augmented and virtual reality. His acclaimed projects with the Chicago History Museum (www.Chicago00.org), investigate media archives, locate unique cultural heritage stories and images, and then use new technologies to create experiences of that history at the locations where the stories took place.
Academic and institutional consultants
- Professor Caitlin Fisher: Director, Immersive Storytelling Lab, Dept. Cinema and Media Arts, York University, Toronto.
- Associate Professor Angus Forbes: Director, UCSC Creative Coding Lab, Dept. Computational Media, University of California, Santa Cruz.
- John Russick: Senior Vice President, Chicago History Museum.
- Research Professor Cewu Lu, SJTU Machine Vision and Intelligence Group, Dept. Computer Science, SJTU.
- Professor FAN Wenbing, Dept. Architecture at School of Design, SJTU.
- Prof. Christian Grewell, Assistant Arts Professor and Associate Director, Interactive Media Arts program, NYU Shanghai.
- Dr. Wu-Wei Chen, Assistant Arts Professor of Interactive Media Arts, NYU Shanghai.
- Dr. Katya Knyazeva, Author: “Shanghai Old Town”, Università del Piemonte Orientale Bologna.